Novelties of the Labor Law in Montenegro
On March 11th our office participated on the expert conference organized by the Center for Labor and Business Law which focus was on all the novelties which new Labor Law brought in Montenegrin legal system.
After 3 years of work, negotiations and alignment with EU regulation, the new Labour Law was adopted and came into force on 07 January 2020 brining many novelties, and especially in the following areas:
- Establishment of an employment relationship;
- Types of employment agreements;
- Annex to the employment agreement;
- Resignation of employees;
- Working hours and the right to rest;
- Right on compensation;
- Protection of employees’ rights;
- Disciplinary responsibility;
- Maternity and parental leave;
- Termination of employment relationship.
As much more extensive than previous Labour Law the new Labour Law brought many changes and Employers must harmonize their businesses with various new requirements. Some of them instantly, with some in the period of 6 months and with the rest in the period of a year from the date when the Law came into force.
Aware of the importance of the subject in following period, we will further abstract and analyse some of the key issues and requirements for Employers as imposed by this Law.
In case of any queries please contact us on: email@example.com